The Center for Co-op and Career Development is hosting a virtual Public Interest
On-Campus Interview (OCI) Program this fall.
Interviews will be held over several dates in September and October. The program is primarily for 3L seeking post-graduate jobs, but there are also 2L opportunities — be sure to read the fine print about eligible applicants!
The deadline to apply is August 13th at 11:59 pm
- Go to the “OCI Tab” on Symplicity.
- Scroll down to view the session titled “2021 Public Interest OCI” with a list of employers.
- Select the “Review” button to the left of the employer’s name to see more information.
- On the right side of your screen, a drop down menu of requested application materials will appear. Each employer requests a specific set of application materials and you must submit all requested application materials.
- If the employer requests academic evaluations, you should include the following: (1) Your “University Transcript” summary page downloaded from mynortheastern.edu and (2) all available academic evaluations. Upload these as separate pdf files to your Symplicity documents and then select both documents in the OCI drop down menu.
- Ensure all your application materials are in PDF format prior to upload.
- Upload your application materials and hit “Apply.”
- You do not need to include a “Grading System Explanation.” We will take care of that for you.
- Do NOT include “Notes to Students” from your professors. These are for your eyes only.
- Ignore the “Preferred Locations” section.
- Do NOT wait until the last minute in case you have questions!
Committee for Public Counsel Services (3L only)
Wisconsin Public Defender (3L only)
Colorado Public Defender (3L; 2L summer co-op)
New Hampshire Public Defender (3L; 2L summer co-op)
Contra Costa Public Defender (3L; 2L spring/summer co-op)
Bronx Defenders (2L summer co-op only)
Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office (3L; 2L spring/summer co-op)
Middlesex District Attorney’s Office (3L; 2L spring/summer co-op)
Bronx District Attorney’s Office (3L; 2L summer co-op)
Miami Office of the State’s Attorney (3L only)
U.S. Dept. of Labor (3L only)
U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development (3L informational only)
Army JAG (3L only)
Community Legal Aid (3L; 2L spring/summer co-op)
South Coastal Counties Legal Services/ Justice Center of Southeastern MA (3L; 2L spring/summer co-op)
Public Interest Law Firms:
Levi Merrithew Horst (2L summer only)
*More employers may be added throughout the fall*
The deadline to apply is August 13th and employers will conduct interviews in September and October.
Applications will be submitted through Symplicity and specific application materials for each employer will be outlined in Symplicity.
Look out for email updates about this program throughout the summer & fall. Please read all emails with “Public Interest OCI” in the subject line – they will contain important information and deadlines!